Hi, guys!😀
This is the third week of me being the student-teacher exchange, time flies so fast, right? in this page I will explain about Teaching Practice first and continue to talk about Summary and Suggestions.
Are you ready?😊

THE THIRD WEEK

The first part of this page, I will explain about Teaching Practice and continue to explain about Summary and Suggestions when I became the student-teacher exchange in USJ-R! I hope you will enjoy with my blog!😊

1. Teaching Practice
    - Procedure of Teaching
      The first implementation before teaching is I have to observe the class of my mentor for a week, and some of things that I observe such us: how the teacher give the instructions to start the class, how the teacher give and explain the material, how to make the students interested with the lesson and how to close the lesson. Then, continue to be assistant of my mentor in the class, I help my mentor like giving the instructions to start the class, to handle the class, distribute the work sheet or the quiz bowl as their evaluation and handle the class record. then the third week I start to teach English subject in the class, I got the topics about Preposition and Philippines literature. I also meet my mentor for two until three times to discuss about the topics as my teaching process, because I am afraid with that. I am afraid if they don't understand about what I explain or about what I said because I realize that my English skills are still bad. After my teaching process is over, I always ask about the shortcomings that I need to improved in my teaching process and my mentor always evaluates and give their advice to make my teaching and learning process much better.

When I observe the class

When I teaching about Philippines literature



   - Time Management and Organizing Activities
     I feel difficult to manage the time for organizing all of the activities, because  we just have 1 hour in the class and we have to devided into three parts; Opening, the main activities and closing. For opening the class I spend 5-10 minutes to do prayer and ask about their condition, for the main activities I spend 30-45 minutes that include with the explanation about the material and games, and for the closing I spend 10-15 minutes to give the reflection like I asking some question that related with the material.

When I gave the question as their reflection

When I asking by using KWL chart question

   - Problem Solving
      I have a problem to explain something with English language in the class, because I always use Bahasa Indonesia to teach the material in Indonesia but I use PowerPoint to support my teaching process by placing the pictures in every slides of my PowerPoint and I always giving affirmations like "Do you understand about what I said?" to make sure that the students understand about what I said because sometimes I am so difficult to explain with English language because my students and I have different language (they use Tagalog/Cebuano and I use Bahasa Indonesia as our National Languages). So, the biggest problem is our different language and my own problem is my speaking skill is still bad but I am so proud about their English skills because they are very fluent to speak with English language😊

When I teaching about Philippines Literature

When I gave the rules of our teaching process


  
   - Classroom Management
     Managing the classroom is an important thing for us as a teacher to make them focus on our material, and we have to try to make the classroom feel comfortable. In managing the class, I always give the reflection to make sure that the students understand about the material that we learnt and have the knowledge about that bu using quiz bowl, asking question or work sheet. I did the reflection before start the new material to see their knowledge and make sure that they can understand about what we learn from previous meeting.

When I gave the explanation


2. Summary and Suggestions
    - Purpose of Practicum
      The main objective of this program is to increase our teaching skills in another country, improve our English language skills (in teaching and communication), to make a relationship not only in our country but in another country and the last is to learn about the differences of our cultures.😀

    
   - Procedures of Practicum
     The procedures of Practicum I started to make my lesson plan first as my guidance when I start teaching in the class, the lesson plan I made in Philippines because my mentor still busy with the event in the school because she is a Chairman of English in Junior High School of USJ-R. In the first week I start to observe the class and wrote the notes about what I observe, in the second week I help my mentor to be her assistant to handle the class, in the third week I start the teaching process because the school are busy with the event for family day and after my teaching process finish, my mentor ask me to be judges for Talkshow and Literary Messages competition. I am so glad with the opportunity that I got from my mentor.

When I gave the question


   - Outcomes of Practicum
      After this Practicum, I am so blessed and grateful about what I got. I get a lot of experiences in Philippines,learn something new in my life, appreciate the differences of the cultures, made my English language skill much better because I have to push myself to speak with English Language everyday and I find a new family. The coordinators, the teachers here and Filipinos are nice, kind, always help me and always give their best to make me feel comfortable, I am so thankful about that. Thank you so much for my friends because we went to every places together and beside that I am so sad because I have to go to Indonesia again and I will leave the teachers, friends who are like family.

When the students feel 
interested to ask the question


  - The Challenges of Practicum
     The biggest challenge that I get is communication, because I realize that my English Language skill is still bad but I have to push myself to speak in English with them. In the other side, I have to think about how to make the students interested and understand about what I explain and about what I said as their teacher eventhough my English language skill is still bad. The students in the class were very active, sometimes it makes me afraid because they already understand about the topics that I teach to them but I have to force myself to give the explanation by my own way. Alhamdulillah they are very excited and interested with the way I am when I teaching in their class!


When I tried to give the explanation

  
 -     - Overall Impression
          I am so glad to participate in the SEA-Teacher program batch 7, this program not only give me a new experiences in teaching process but also the value to make myself more better as human. I learnt to adapt more quickly in different cultures, weather, languages and country. I also learnt to be humble to others because the teacher here are very humble and they always help me like their family. I also learn how to manage the class and how to give the instructions in the class. I am so glad to be part of SEA-Teacher in USJ-R because I got the valuable experience here!

      - Suggestions for Future Improvement
        I hope that I can join this program again in different country to learn about the differences, and I hope more countries from South-east Asia will join as participants or the host universities. So, we as the student-teachee will be more variety of Nations and cultures.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog